Saturday, September 8, 2007

reflections on the week

So, this past sunday was about loving people. It was about going through crap and dealing with people's inadequacies (including your own) so that we might all stay united and in Christ's love together. I bring all this up because I've been seeing this all week. I'm seeing crap happen and people dealing with it in loving ways.

One, I made a stupid mistake with a friend and that friend was willing to open a line of communication back up so that we (I) can work it all out. I'm sure it won't be easy, but I'm fairly confident that we can get through it.

Two, my torn loyalties were forgiven when my small group prayed for me on thursday even though I skipped group. I still thank God for that

Three, I saw another friend hurt her boyfriend bad and he was able to deal and still help her through her own troubles.

My mind keeps going back to that shark attack story that Matt told us. And how that guy swam back out into those bloody waters to save his friend. And then I started reading Job and the same thing happens. After Job loses everything, his friends come to him and sit with him in the ashes and help him out. We all have points where we are Job. We are the guy getting attacked by the shark. But we must also have points where we are the friends that risk it all to help out our brothers and sisters. I'm trying to be that friend. It's hard for me. Really hard.

No comments: