Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Pieces of a Broken Mind

There are few people I miss. I'm the "out of sight, out of mind" type of guy. But when something triggers a memory, I'm flooded with thoughts and emotions and sometimes it's hard to recover from a hit. When I find myself in a situation like that, I've found it to be a good idea to pray. I was praying all the way to work the other day. I'm rather surprised that I didn't crash.

I think God is currently working on my emotions. He's altered my mind quite a bit from what it used to be. Now I think He's working on my heart, thus fortifying my mind. Whether I'm right or not, I don't know, but that's what I think. I do know that He's constantly giving me reminders that my life is in HIS hands and not my own. But I've been feeling more lately. In the way that vocal exercises stretch out your vocal chords to give you a bigger range, I feel that God is giving me emotional exercises. That sounds really odd when you say it out loud. Oh well.

Forgiveness is a good thing. The peace that comes with it is quite amazing. I'm still wondering if I should ask the question or not. And right after I typed that sentence, I got the sense that I should. I should pray about it some though, for it can produce grave consequences if I go about it the wrong way. and, oddly enough, had I started with prayer, none of this would've happened. It makes me feel like a complete idiot.

And with that I go to pray. Goodnight all.

No comments: