Wednesday, January 23, 2008

nutshells

Well, a lot is happening in my life right now. One, I'll be going to Finland in April with a group from my church. I'm really looking forward to the trip, but at the same time there's the underlying worry that Disney won't approve the time off and I'll lose my job if I go. But then again, I would kind of enjoy losing my job because that would give me a reason to get a job somewhere else. I keep going in circles like that in my head. So that's that situation.

Another thing is my vow of singlehood for the year. It'll be good and for the most part it's really a non-issue at the moment. But I still find myself thinking about a lot of different things surrounding the issue, namely girls that are big parts of my life. And that's how vague it is in my head. I'm glad for this though. The vagueness helps me not dwell on the thoughts too much. And I realized on my way home tonight that I need to take an approach on this subject in a way that most people would think is cold and unfeeling. I need to weigh out all the pros, cons, options, etc. in a near clinical manner. Putting it in words like this makes it sound like I have no feelings or something, but I do and that's why I must do it this way.

And finally, I'm trying to start getting my life together. I'm trying to organize, de-junkify, and increase productivity. AKA grow up. It's really hard. And I'm not even sure of how to do any of it. But I figure that I'll figure it out if I stick to it.

And that's how I'm doing right now

No comments: