Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Goals and Incentives

So we had a sermon on goal setting this past week. I was thinking about it all today and decided that I should make a list of daily goals and incentives to go with them. I got my goals down and how to reach them, but I couldn't think of any incentives to go with those goals. So I started asking around about incentives. The following is the list I was able to put together from what people shared with me.

If you achieve your goal for the day, you can:
Watch a TV show that you really like to watch.
Treat yourself to a small sweet or some other food.
Tell others about it and receive their praise.

Something else to try could be to make it into a step process. And you don't let yourself go to the next step until you've completed the first one. Or perhaps you could create tangible evidence of your progress in your goal. Those are just thoughts of mine that I'm throwing out there. And now I need to get myself to bed. I stayed up later than I intended.

No comments: