Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Save The Internet

I hate politics and anyone who knows me knows this. But this is an issue that I've seen before and I know that it's an issue that will remain at large for some time. That issue is Net Neutrality. Basically, we need to keep the net as it is now. That's all that Save The Internet.com is trying to do. And I've decided to jump on the band wagon. I won't be all "OMG! my internets are being taken away!"*emo tear* But I'll be making occasional updates on information and whatnot.

if Net Neutrality goes away:
Blogs will virtually cease to exist. YouTube and MySpace will disappear. For some, this might sound like a good thing, but it's not. Google might live through it. Any site that allows Joe Schmoe to put up a web page will fall to ruin because no one will be able to access their sites; why use it anymore? This issue affects every single citizen of the United States.

Here's what Google has to say.
And for those of you opposed to reading through all these links, here are a couple videos that sum it all up fairly simply. There's a few things that are in here that are emotional and intend to rile up emotions, but focus on what is being said and not the emotional vomits.

Be sure to sign the petition so we can keep the internet free from corporate control.





Remember to sign the petition.

No comments: