Tuesday, February 17, 2009

brain death imminent

So, I'm trying really hard to learn a lot of different things right now. Well, not really learn a lot of things, but I'm definitely working on a lot of things in my brain. I'm stressing through school, I'm actually trying to figure out how to install and run linux. I'm constantly debating about how to spend my school loan money, because there are a lot of things I want and a lot of things I need. I'm thinking now, as I'm typing this, that if I wrote out a list of what I need vs what I want to make my life easier, it would ease a lot of the tension in my head. YAY!

NEED:
spare computer running Linux
WANT:
Multiple computers for practicing with servers and networks

NEED:
LCD monitor(s) to ease the eye strain of staring at a computer all day
WANT:
Multi screen setups so I can have all my application windows spread out on the screen

NEED:
to focus on growing with God
WANT:
to just live life

So yeah. That's a bout where I am.

And I've just realized that some of my wants are provided already. Isn't God great?

1 comment:

LJ said...

what kind of computer stuff do you need? we've got lots of older stuff lying around. maybe you should come over and check out what we have. let me know :) everything from monitors to old towers. lots of cables and cords.