Thursday, December 27, 2007

sleepy sam types totes

I don't really mean anything by saying "totes" in the title. I was just trying to think of something that started with t and that was all that came to mind at the moment.

Why am I typing? I should be asleep. I have to be working in less than 11 hours.

So, I've been thinking about all sorts of things and how to work them all out. I've got a lot of books that I need to read. Four that I can think of off the top of my head. And I have to learn Finnish. I started that yesterday. And it's not going to be easy. It's a language that is like nothing I've ever experienced. But I think that I'll be able to get a few people together to learn it so that we'll be able to help each other with it. that'll help it move along a bit better. I don't think that weather and culture will be big obstacles, but language could be. And I've got four months to get it down. I can do it.

How will I relate to those people? I really don't know how I'll do it. I guess I'll figure it out when I get there. Because I don't know what they'll be into. I don't know what strikes their fancy. And I won't know this stuff until I'm there and I SEE where they're at and what they're doing. At that point, I'll be able to figure it out though. So I don't need to stress about any of this stuff. My big thing that I use is movies and other shows that I've seen. I use scenes out of these to draw comparisons in order to relay my meaning when I'm talking. I don't know. it'll work itself out. I need to go to sleep. good night everybody.

No comments: