Monday, June 11, 2007

Where does this ocean go?

So, life moves and shifts. If you don't move and shift with it, you're in for a world of hurt. I believe that those nudges we get from God are there to help us with this. I needed to burn and she didn't want me to. That's an interesting thought.

But back to what I was saying. God gives us nudges, right? And, in my life at least, these nudges always come right before something happens that totally rocks my boat. I honestly believe that if I hadn't followed that little nudge I got before the most recent happenings, I would've capsized. And that's not a good thing. I could've recovered, but why recover when you can avoid? So I'm thankful that my thick skull was able to process God's will enough to avoid capsizing. But now that that crazy squall is over, I'm just sort of drifting. Well, not really drifting. I'm slowly moving in God's direction (I think) but it feels like nothing is happening, really. But this could be a good thing. It gives me time to rest and recover. So slow times are good. I enjoy it when I finally realize what it actually is. So I don't know where this ocean is going. But I don't have to know right now.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

That verse totally helped me through a bit of a tough spot on monday last week. And I believe that I will carry this verse with me for the rest of my life. So I'll leave you with that. Have fun y'all.

No comments: