Wednesday, September 24, 2008

woot!

so as I was drawing tonight, I finally figured out what she looks like.  Of course, I've forgotten her name, but that'll come to me again when I need it.  I don't think I'll post pics here though.  I don't like doing spoilers like that.  You'll just have to wait until she comes into the story.  Should be soonish though so don't worry too much.

now,I have a lot of interests with online things.  I started reading webcomics long before I even knew what a blog was.  The idea of having my own comic on the web intrigued me more than anything else I'd ever experienced.  This was forming in my head around the time I started my first blog back in the day on AOL dial up.  A few months of blogging and my idea formed in my head.  It was inspired by a plethora of webcomics and is sort of an amalgam of all of them that I was reading at the time.

I started drawing as soon as I figured out how I wanted all the characters introduced.  I always think it's fun that the initial idea sprang forth from a drawing of Tina.  Although she wasn't Tina then.  She was just the Laughing Girl.  So I started drawing but had no way to get the paper into digital format for posting online.  Oh well.  I just kept drawing.  And now we're here.  I've gone through a lot of ups and downs.  Long periods of not posting.  And thats no way to build readership.  So this next year that is my resolution.  Two comics a week.  If y'all read this blog, then I'm hoping you also read my comic and yell at me when I don't update in a timely fashion.

I'm hoping to start updating again before the year is out mainly so that I can develop a solid schedule to follow through next year.  Plus I want to see all the characters become who they're meant to be.  For those of you who've never experienced it, it's one of the most amazing things.  When you start a story, the characters do everything that you want them to do.  But as the story progresses, they turn into their own beings.  You no longer dictate what they do, but who they are dictates what happens when they're involved in certain scenarios.  Anyhoo, I've blathered enough about that.  I'll definitely be posting an announcement when the next comic page is up.

And now I'm off.  have fun every body.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you better be drawing. and post a link somewhere.. or something. and reading. and striving.