Thursday, February 23, 2012

Song to the Siren

I was about to go to bed when I realized that I hadn't posted anything here yet. Then I initially couldn't think of anything to write about. The only thing I have in my head right now is an epic song. But that's just as good a topic as any, right?

This song is Song to the Siren by Tim Buckley. It's a slightly mournful piece wrought with unfulfilled desire. Something that pretty much anyone can relate to. This isn't a new topic and will have countless different spins put on it before the earth ends. But this song hits it just right I think. I could write pages and pages of analytics on this piece of music, but I'm not going to. That does the art an injustice in my book. Just give it a listen and have it stir your own thoughts. Let it touch you the way that it will. It's always better that way. :D

Now...if only I could stop listening to it and go to bed......

No comments: