Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Hangovers and lost I.D.s

So I'm sitting at home currently wondering where my friggin ID is. Oddly, though, I'm kind of glad it's lost because it means I can't go to work until I get a new one. I'm sure that sounds horrible to some people. But I need a job, so I'll go back to DLand today and get a new ID so that I can finish my shift up for today and be set for the rest of my time there. I have no idea where it could've gone off to. Oh well.

It's hard to wait for something that seems to be non-existent. And then, when it's in sight, the odds stack up so high against me that I nearly lose the will to keep going for it. It's these times that I feel like being a hermit would be a good idea. Maybe that's why I don't really care about my job at all right now. HUZZAH! Classic signs of depression setting in. Oh well. I'll get through it. I've done it before.

I know that the elation is hardwired into us by God. And thus, when the source is not there anymore, we naturally fall into a slight funk. This is when turning to God is a very good idea. This is also a good time to turn to friends. Even if you really don't want to. So, friends, I turn to you now and ask for support and prayer. Some of you will know the reasons and some of you will not. Some of you will be able to guess the reasons even if details are lacking. Some of you will be so completely clueless about what I'm saying that the only thing you might be able to pray is "God, help Sam with his thingy." And that's okay. I still love ya.

And now I must be going. The ETA I gave them was about an hour ago. :D Anyhoo, have fun y'all.

No comments: