Sunday, August 19, 2007

[insert witty title here]

So, blogs, being what they are, give birth to many sorts of thoughts and ideas. And these thoughts and ideas are all presented in slightly different ways depending on a person's background and their current circumstances.

Some people just use their blogs as journals about their lives and what's going on. Other people use their blogs as a platform for putting their thoughts out there for the world to see. Some are used for advertising products and some are used for people to share their creative-ness. On the surface, mine probably appears to be one of those "here's my life" blogs, when it is, in fact, an outlet that lets me unpack my brain and then repack it in a better order. It helps me organize my thoughts on things.

Over the years I've developed a style that allows me to get into serious issues I have with people and work through it without letting anyone know who I'm talking about. I think that this is a good thing and will continue this trend. But lately, I haven't really been writing about everything that's on my mind, and I'm not even sure why this is. Part of it could be because I always get home late from work and I'm uber tired. But, then, that's not really the reason. the real reason would be because I've found things to distract my brain with. Some people might say that this is okay and there's nothing wrong with it. But it's not okay. I'm supposed to think. I'm supposed to run things over and over in my mind. I'm supposed to look at things from all sorts of different angles to try and perceive all possibilities. This is especially true when it comes to things that I read in the bible. But I don't do this with what I read. I do this with other things that happen in my life, but not with my reading. So I need to start that. I really need to start journaling what I read. I was doing it for a while and it was good. There's something about writing stuff down rather than just thinking it over in your head. It creates a permanence that thoughts need in order to become something more than thoughts.

And now it's 2:30am and I'm tired, so I'm going to bed. Goodnight all. Have fun.

No comments: