Saturday, July 7, 2007

I should be asleep

But I had a thought and an urge to share it.

I was listening to a song on the radio and there was a line about covering up something with makeup. That line reminded me of a person I met my sophomore year of high school. I don't remember her name, but I do remember that she was an exchange student. From Malaysia, I believe. I remembered that she always had her entire face covered with makeup. I asked her once why she always had all that makeup on, and she told me that in her country it was normal and expected of her. She was really short too. The top of her head was just below my armpit level. And she came to school once in a traditional dress that looked really awesome.

She was a fun person. Always upbeat. Always ready to laugh and joke. I miss her. I'm sure she gave me contact information before she left, and I'm equally sure that I lost it soon after.


And there's my random thought for the day. I'm off to bed now.

1 comment:

Diana said...

You crack me up sometimes.