Friday, March 20, 2009

no dice

So, I've been back from michigan for a week and I haven't put up the "BIG POST" about the whole thing yet. But now as I sit here, I can't think of what to write for a "BIG POST". So I sit and stare at the screen with nothing too big coming to mind that I haven't already shared. So here is the cliff notes of the whole thing as I remember:

I stay up friday night so that I don't miss my 6am flight. After four planes, I finally land in Flint, MI. It's cold and raining. woot! We don't do much that day because of timing issues and the weather so we chill a bit and have dinner. The next day, bright and early we go get the insulation and start putting it in. It's a big mess and if we didn't have the face masks, we'd have inhaled a lot of paper. That wouldn't have been good for us. We had a lot of trouble figuring out how to get the blower for the insulation to work properly, but once we did, the work went a lot faster. I just wish we'd have known what to do the first day we were working on it. So then after we got that done we were done for the day. The next big project was cleaning up the big mess that the insulation caused. That was fun. IN the way that riding a bike with flat tires is fun. Then we replaced the fireplace. It looked way better when we were done. And that was one of the last projects we did while we were up there, because we had to get on the road by then so that dad could be home in time to go to work on monday. Thus, our road trip began. And now I must go. So I'll be back tomorrow with the rest of the story. :D

No comments: