Monday, April 23, 2007

The games we play/ why some relationships suck

Lack of communication.  Unwillingness to tell it like it is.  Ass-like stubbornness in the following of "the rules".

For years, I did little to no interaction with others because I didn't know "the rules".  And it sucked not hanging out like a normal person.  So I started hanging out, even though I didn't know the rules.  I figured I'd be able to pick them up.  But no.  I haven't been able to learn them.  I've even straight out asked people, and no one has ever given a straight answer.  And in my two years of being sociable I've come to the following conclusion:  The Rules don't exist.  Why do we follow something that doesn't exist?  I don't think that I'll ever know.

So here's what I'm gonna do.  I'm gonna go and just talk with people.  I'm gonna be with people.  And I'm gonna do what I want to do, basically.  I'll keep in mind feelings and things of that nature, but I will say something that makes you uncomfortable.  So be ready for it.  Because I only have one rule that I follow.  And that is "be real or be sealed".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're not real, you are nothing. Straight up.

You should answer me on aim. I want to talk.

-MS

Diana said...

I'm clueless right along with you. Hey, check out my blog I have a prayer request I put on there tonight. Luv Ya!

Anonymous said...

I think the rules are different to each person. Meaning you'll always risk saying something "out-there" because very few standards apply to everybody.

And I just realized this recently...
It's not worth it to act some way to make yourself more appealing to someone else.
You are you.
Be that.
And if someone doesn't like it, then #$@! 'em. Why fake it? There are plenty of people out there who will like you for you.

heck, I'm already one of them. :3 ♥

Anonymous said...

Ya...ive done the same thing. I came to a realization that if i act like myself...I get to become the person i was ment to be.