Monday, April 23, 2007

More evidence of my slowness

So, I don't know when it happened, I really don't.  And I'm not going to go look it up.  Because if I did, I'm scared that I would get completely pissed about something that I can't do anything about.  Virginia Tech.  It just hit me today.  And really it wasn't intended.  I was just being my usual, selfish self.  Cruising youtube and getting my laughs on.  Then I notice that someone I'm subscribed to posted a video on the subject.  It hit me.  It hit me hard.

Why does it take pain to get our attention?  Why....does the world have to destroy itself?  I know the answer.  At least part of it.  We are a fallen people.  And this fact drives me crazy on a daily basis.  I like what sXe Phil said though.  What we need to do right now is not hate the person that did the wrong thing.  We need to love the people that fell victim to his evil act.  How do we love them?  I don't know.  I almost feel bad that all these things happen far away from me.  Because I can't go there and help.  I don't know how I'd help, but I'd try.  But here, where I'm at, so far away from the incident, there's only one thing that I can really think of to do.  And that is pray.  Prayer is powerful.  It's the most powerful tool we have as Christians.  So that's what I'm gonna go do.  You all should probably do the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wrote an entry on that... I still have one I haven't posted.

Very sad.

Link: http://shoanen-ayan.livejournal.com/

BTW- you know who this is. And if it's cool, I will read and leave regular comments- maybe make a user id!