Thursday, April 19, 2007

I have nothing

So, I'm supposed to be calling people right now, but I don't have a contact list. Someone said that they would send it to me, and they haven't. It's rather frusterating. There should be a list of about ten staffers or so. And I don't have it. Oh well. It'll all work out I guess. Some how.

I've finally figured out what to do for my presentation. All I have is a plan and a passion. So that's what I'll show. I don't need fancy presentations. I should be sure to make a packet to give to Neal though. And that'll be fairly simple to do. It's mostly done anyway.

I'd try and come up with something profound to share with you all right now, but I'm enjoying my music too much.

There's something about music. Some people don't get it. But music has power.
It can make tough guys cry. It can make sad children laugh. And for those of us with few emotions, it's really the only way to draw those few emotions out short of something drastic happening in our lives. And I know that in the past couple weeks, it's really helped me figure out where I should be and what I should be doing, as well as helping me stay where I should be. It's really interesting. Perhaps science should study this phenomenon. But if they did that, the magic would be gone. So maybe they shouldn't. I think a little bit of magic is needed in life.

With this in mind, it's sort of interesting to look at the subject matter in songs. There are quite a few songs about break-ups that are up beat. Why would someone do this? Possibly to make fun of the depressing slow songs about break-ups. OR possibly to ease the pain of a break-up they went through. Then look at all the songs about love or unrequitted love. Is it coincidence that the area of life with the strongest emotions would have the most songs about it? I think not. But this subject has been talked about to death. I should probably drop it. I'm not a musician anyway.

I love Joss Stone's voice. It's deep and throaty. It's not a voice you'd accociate with pop music. I dunno. It's just nice to hear a voice that doesn't sound super processed in the pop scene. Of course, maybe it is and I can't tell. I don't know. I prefer to think that it's her voice though. Hmmm.....maybe I'll type a little bit for each new song I go through. That could be a fun way to kill an evening.


WAAA....I like that song. Leann Rimes. WOOT! Can't fight the Moonlight. WOOOOT! That's all I can say for that one. It's sooooo good. I think it qualifies for being called delicious.

Okay. I'm done. I'm too distracted by other things now. bye bye.

No comments: