Monday, April 16, 2007

So, the only thing on your mind right now is sex.

Thanks to Los for providing me with that rather humorous quote. I laughed at the sheer truth of it when I saw it in a video on his blog. If you haven't, you should check out his blog. It's over on the left there. Ragamuffin Soul.

I actually have a number of things on my mind. The first thing I'll talk about is REAL-NESS. I've been trying to get this down. I don't think any of us will ever get it quite right. Sometimes we'll really rock at it. Others, well, leeches will have nothing on our suckage. The nice thing about it though is that if someone else is real with us then we are compelled to be real with them. At least, that's how I am. But my main issue is what to share and what to keep to myself. I don't want to share everything because that would definitely cause problems. But I have a feeling I should share more than I do. I don't really know where the lines go. So I figured I could just start throwing things out that are on my mind and see what happens. So if you see me and I mention something that makes you uncomfortable, let me know. If you think something I say is totally inappropriate, tell me. I'm learning here.

The second thing is, Giving up. Not giving up this fight, but giving up my life in order to save it. Now that I've finally decided to face the enemy and do some fighting, I realize that there are a lot of things that I need to drop. When you're running, you're usually carrying a lot of things. Hopes, ambitions, desires, ideas, past burdens, doubt, and other things. I finally realize what was being said when John Eldredge mentioned the guy foregoing his own life in order to fight for it. I have to give up everything I'm holding on to. I have to push through everything and come out with bare essentials. Everything else will hold me back. So what are the bare essentials? God, Faith, Truth, Righteousness, Salvation, the Word, and a will that mirrors His. These are all I need. Everything else will fall into place. That's a promise given to us. On paper, it looks so easy.

Third, problem solving. I've been noticing quite a few problems. And I've been trying to put together solutions to them. I'm not going to be able to do it on my own though. I have to keep in mind different ages though. And different maturities. That just occurred to me. And it adds another element to something that's already pretty complicated. But this series is perfect for moving some of these puzzle pieces around. I've gotta get on the freaking ball.

For the fourth, I was gonna put "girl is on my mind". But that's not true at all at this moment. It was a little bit ago, but not at all right now. I mean, she's still there, but in a totally different way. I dunno. It's rather interesting.

I'll be having lunch with a friend tomorrow. It should be pretty sweet. I haven't seen him in a few months. I need to talk to him about a few things. YAY!

I gotta sleep. Goodnight.

No comments: