Friday, April 20, 2007

This is a first

So, I was playing a scenario in my head as I was in the half sleep/half awake stage this morning. And for the first time ever, I couldn't put together a solution to it. It vexed me so much that I was roused rather uncomfortably into full awake-ness. I still can't put together something that would work. So, for possible entertainment purposes, and maybe to help me find the solution, I shall write the scenario down here.

Someone important to me gets kidnapped because a group of people wants to get at me for some reason. They tell me that to get the person back I have to cook them something. I ponder the idea of poisening whatever I cook, but then it occurs to me that they'd probably make me eat some, so I throw that idea out. Then I meet with some other people that want to help me. So we start putting together a plan to have the bad people meet us on our turf so that we can controll everything, but they will not budge. I have to take my food by myself to where they want me to go. So I make some curry and I take the pot to where they want me to meet them. As I'm walking along the path I'm noticing the structure of the building. It's like I'm walking in very dense scaffolding. And the pipes make it rather confusing so I have to kind of focus on the walkway so that I don't accidentally walk into a bar. It was at this point that I woke up completely.

And now I can't even create an environment where I might be able to figure something out, even though I now have complete creative control over the story. It's rather weird. I guess it's because of the limitations already written into the scenario. One, I'm just myself. No superpowers. No special fighting skills. I just have my pot of curry and my wits, which aren't that sharp as a lot of people know. And then, all I know is this walkway. The door I came through was automated so I haven't seen any real people. So I can't read them. Now that I'm thinking about it, I guess I could've hid something in the pot of curry that I could've used, but it's too late in the story for that. I dunno. I'm thinking that I'll have to come back to this. Maybe later tonight.

No comments: