Tuesday, May 8, 2007

friends and formless thoughts

I've been running from everything all day today.  I'm not sure why I did this.  I knew all along that I would stop by the end of the day and come back to God, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  Then I got a phone call.  It was a phone call from someone that I really didn't want to talk to.  Oddly enough, even while what she was saying was aggrevating me to the max, it still put a lot of things in perspective for me.  Gotta love life's little ironies.  I would've laughed if I hadn't been in such a foul mood.  God works in weird ways sometimes.

Tomorrow, I get up at seven.  I get clean, dressed, shaved, and then I go find work.  That is step one.  Step two, I don't know yet.  I figure it'll come to me when it's time to take it.  I lack the ability to plan things out.  Well, not really.  I can plan things out, but I'm not good at it.  When ever I make plans, things change thus nullifying my planned-out steps.  So, for me, I just live life one step at a time.  Some people say that's not smart, I should plan for my future.  To that, I say, I don't know the future, so I'll just live today and deal with the future when it gets here.  That's possibly why people don't want to hire me.  I look at everything as being so specific to each situation.  I can't make a general plan or statement about anything because generalities usually don't fit in my life.  I get the weird cases.  I get the one-in-a-million long shot situations.  And I get a lot of everyday stupid moments as well.  My brain is wired to work this way.  So I figure I'll write this down on some paper, laminate it, and take it with me to every interview I go to from now on.  This is a good idea.

No comments: