Saturday, May 5, 2007

Life in the shallow end

So I woke up today and had some thoughts. I had thoughts about my job situation. I had thoughts about my relationships. I had thoughts about life in general. As I was lying in my bed thinking, a big idea floated to the top of everything else. That thought was very inviting and tempting. What if I just stopped caring about everything? What if I stopped trying to build deep, meaningful relationships with people? What if I stopped looking for a job and just moved myself out into the streets? What if I stopped trying to better myself as a human being and just got away from everything? I liked the idea. I really did. Then another one came up. That life would suck.

I mean, if I were to do all that, I wouldn't have any friends. I wouldn't get a chance to help people. I would never again get a sense of accomplishment. And I would probably stink really bad. So I threw the idea out. It's not worth it. So now I struggle on. But the struggle is worth it. The srtuggle bears friut. It may happen slowly, but stuff actually happens with the struggle. If you don't face it, nothing will ever happen. So I leave the shallow end and swim out to the deep end. I may not be the best of swimmers, but I can certainly accomplish more here than where my feet touch bottom.

1 comment:

Wings said...

If you did all of that.. I would be very sad.