Thursday, May 17, 2007

Pieces

You ever feel like you're holding a bunch of pieces of something, but you're not equipped to put them all together?

God, why is it that I see such similarities between myself and Major figures of the bible? Why is it that I know exactly what Paul is speaking of whenever he describes something about himself? Why is it that my name-sake's story and mine are the same? Why is it that everything David talks about is something that I talk about? Am I called to lead, as they were? Or is it all coincidence? And if I'm called to that, what am I supposed to lead? Who? All these questions, God, and yet, I know not to really worry about any of it.

I have a bunch of pieces right now. And I collect more on a near daily basis. I don't know what to do with all of them. But I'll figure it out. That's why God gave me this brain of mine. A brain that knows I probably can't do it all by myself. A brain that knows to seek out assistance. A brain that is always working on something.

I'm taking that job at Disneyland. A lot of things keep coming to mind that tell me I should look for something else. Things like money, driving, gas, time, etc. But when all that stuff clears out, during those brief moments where all those practicalities vanish, I have a deep peace about this job. So I'm taking it. No more thinking about it. If a thought comes up that suggests I should get a different job, I'm gonna say, "Nope. God put me here for some reason. I ain't leaving until I figure it out." Because I know he totally did. And I'll leave you tonight with this thought:

Some pieces you'll use. Some pieces you'll lose.
Just listen to God, and He'll help you choose.

2 comments:

Wings said...

I love reading when you write. Kinda funny.

Pieces... Well, life is a puzzle. I hope you finish your big picture.

Anonymous said...

So, what will you be doing and when do you start?